The Town Council is seeking a part-time Community Development Officer. The role will be a key and exciting part of the small team with specific responsibilities for communications, coordination of volunteering, grant funding and projects, including the climate and ecological emergency.
You will be working with Councillors and working closely in the community. Whilst the role is within the Town Council, it has an essential external focus and the officer will be required to engage and work together with local businesses, the community, health services, other local authorities and volunteers.
The role will include responsibility for:
- Projects that enable the Council to fulfil its responsibilities for the climate and ecological emergency, including working with the CEEWG.
- Enabling the Town Council to coordinate and otherwise support the contribution from volunteers
- Working with external agencies including the business community, health providers, other local councils and authorities.
- Enabling the Town Council to market itself and communicate including verbally, in writing, via the website and social media
- Maximising opportunities for the Town Council to secure external funding including grant funding and working with the community and business community to maximise
income to Bruton.
Bruton Town Council – Community Development Officer
Vacancy for a Community Development Officer
Salary SCP 7 – 12 (£10.16 – £11.22 per hour 2010/20, pay award pending), commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Community Development Officer will be a key part of the small, Town Council officer team working together with Councillors, the community and partners, and with specific responsibilities for communications, coordination of volunteering, grant funding and projects, including the climate and ecological emergency.
The role will have direct responsibility for working with Councillors, leading actions to secure improved resilience and self-reliance by working with the community. Success will be measured by the extent to which the job has enabled the Council achieve its objectives in these areas.
Whilst the role is within the Town Council, it has an external focus and the officer will be required to engage and work together with local businesses, the community, health services, other local
authorities and volunteers.18 – 20 hours per week, including some evening work, with flexible workplace location (from home and/or Community Office). This is initially a 12 months temporary post.
For a copy of the Job Description, Person Specification and application form please call the Town Clerk (Stephen Hill) 07949 150 888 or email. Application forms to be submitted to email@example.com or by post to the Community Office, 26 High Street, Bruton, Somerset, BA10 0AA by Closing date/time 5pm, Friday 9 October 2020. Interviews are planned for 16